Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Watch out, busy week ahead!

I just got back from volunteering in first grade. We talked about bats. The kids had a ton of information to contribute and it was a lot of fun. We made bats out of construction paper that flap their wings when you pull on a string. A few of the kids said that they thought I was so creative and that they loved my projects. I am so glad. I never know what the kids will think. They are all very sweet. Chris got kicked out of the project. He is outspoken anyway, but the fact that he knows me outside of school makes him feel very comfortable talking to me and yelling out of turn.

I went spinning yesturday...first day back after the back issues. I feel ok. I went by myself instead of in a class and I only went for 45 minutes instead of an hour. So, it was good. I was really tired by bedtime though.

We have a really busy week. Grandma Ann is coming up from NY. She is definately a hit around here. She will be surprised that the kids like checkers, chess, monopoly and several other games they never played before. She is in high demand because the kids know she will play with them, unlike their "ugly, stupid, mean, rude" mother. The kids have 2 days off school for conferences this week. Grandma is going to babysit for us. We are very lucky to have her.

Justin has hockey and his 1ST GAME this weekend. Or, should I say his 1st 2 games. Yippee. I sewed on the nameplates for his home and away jerseys. I went and bought him some matching socks, and I got one pair figuring that would be sufficient. But, apparently, he needs white socks with a blue stripe for home games and blue socks with a white stripe for away games. So, Dad is off to Sports Central tonight to get him the other pair.

I have to bake a ton of goodies for the Harvest Festival that I am skipping out on. Unfortunately, it falls on the same day and time as Justin's first game....so, as a Hockey Mom....there is no way I spent the last month going to every practice to miss the first game!! I will have my baked goods and a ton of balloons blown up by time the festival starts and I will have done what I got volunteered to do when I missed most of the last meeting being at hockey practice!

It has been raining for at least 10 days. Our yard is full of leaves and the kids are dying to get out and do some raking, but it has just been to wet to do anything fun outside. Winter is definately coming. Poor Max was outside in 44 degree weather this morning, shaking like crazy because he isn't used to his new coat yet. He better get used to it if he wants to keep warm this winter.

Mirabel is still a gymnastics wiz. She has been practicing in all the wrong places. She is doing somersault flips on my bed and spinning jumps in the air. She is definately going to be good, if she doesn't break something practicing. And by golly, Derek has learned to do a somersault. He learned on the couch. I am so proud of him. It took weeks, but Martin is going to be so surprised with his ability if he ever decides to get out on the mat at gymnastics to show him!!

The Nadeaus are off to Disney tomorrow! This is very exciting. Roger and Shelley told the kids if they could survive Daddy being gone for 15 mos they could go to Disney and the dream is coming true. I can't wait to hear all about it. I really hope Shelley can survive the airplane ride and that they don't find her wandering lost around Disney not knowing what to do next.

No comments: