Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Parent Volunteer of the Year

I am back from my first day as a Parent Volunteer this year. I worked mostly one on one last year. This year I am working with 2 first grade classes as a large group. Don't feel too bad for me because Smilie School only has 10 kids per class. But, I was real nervous because there were two teachers and a paraeducator in the room with me. The kids liked the apple dolls. We had so much fun making them. They loved to see them develop into grannies and grampas. Some of the kids were making the grandpa dolls skateboard and snowboard. You Go Gramps! Next week, the kids will go on a nature walk and we will do some sort of project with things they find. Less preparation for me ...yay.

Justin had his last hockey tryout last night. I was a bit worried about what team he was going to make. They had the kids broken up in a very strange way last night. They led me to believe he was going to be on a different team. There are five choices, A travel, B travel and three house teams. He made the B travel team. He had out his bag of tricks last night...in fact he had so many tricks he looked out of control. And I am not sure what he was doing against the side of the rink flipping the puck in the air and passing to himself off the boards constantly. It was a one man show. And i do mean SHOW. It was amusing...luckily I think the official clipboard bearing men knew before last night what the teams were going to be. Dad says they were really examining..but I really don't know. If he hussles in a game as much as he did one on one with a player last night, he may be really good one day. So, the fun begins tomorrow at 6:30 pm and another practice Friday at 4:50pm. One good thing about the travel team is no 6am practice.

Tonight, I plan to go to bed early. I am really tired from all this activity!

No comments: