Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ghostly bananas

The first graders made ghosts out of bananas. I froze some bananas with popsicle sticks in them and they spread white chocolate on them with a plastic knife. It was fun and almost all the kids ate them right up. Many were interested in licking the bowl, which I tried very hard to stop....but for some it was too late. 6 yr olds on chocolate at 8am ---with a substitute teacher all day!!!! DANG....I ran out there pretty fast!! No longer my problem. We read a ghost story....called The Perfect Pumpkin Pie. The kids mouths dropped 2 feet when I read that the main character DIED. They were like...WHAT?? Like they knew the guy or something. It was very cute. Anyway, the lesson was on comprehension...by making predictions. They did NOT predict the guy dying or that it was really a story of a ghost. I tricked them.

SHELLEY IS BACK!!!!!!!! FINALLY! The Nadeaus had a great time in Florida and flew out of Orlando in a hurricane. Apparently, according to the pilot...the media was just hyping up the storm and it wasn't really that bad and he had no problem flying in this weather. So, off they went. I guess they were rocking and rolling for a few minutes and then within a few minutes you would never know there was a hurricane at all. So, they outran the hurricane all week and now here in VT we are going to get hit by the edge of it. Shelley can't escape from it no matter how hard she tries. We went to Al's after she got in. We had a great time listening to their stories and looking at some of the pictures. We were there over 2 hours. Shelley brought me a charm for my new bracelet. Now I have more than one...YAY!

Grandma and Aunt Edie picked up Mirabel yesturday early from daycare so she could be at the airport. She had a blast getting spoiled by them. She went to her favorite place in the world...."the mobil" (I know, I have weird kids) and then to her second favorite place, Toys R Us. She had toys, lollipops, cinnamon buns. Lucky girl.

No comments: