Monday, October 03, 2005

Hockey, Apples and Dolls, oh my!

I guess I was a little overzealous when planned on making dried apple dolls. The heads were easy....it's the clothing that seems to be killing me. I have sewn 12 simple dresses..and 15 shirts and 15 pairs of tiny little jeans. I know for sure now that I am not going to be a seamstress for fairies (as if it were an option.) I had to use pliers to turn the jeans inside out after sewing them together because they are so small. By 10pm, my back was burning in pain and my hands were all crippled up. I plan to get the rest done today during lunch.

Justin is in the middle of hockey tryouts. He looks awesome. He is playing strong and solid. I really don't know what team he will be on. I assume he will be on one of the three house teams. It is hard for me to say. I am leaving it up to the group of men in the stands with the clipboards to let me know. Dad tells me they know what they are talking about and are supposedly under tons of pressure to get things right or they could be attacked by the angry parent lynch mob.

Mirabel and I went apple picking yesturday. It was gorgeous outside. We were actually quite warm. She did a great job and we filled a huge bag full of apples. We were walking along looking for a good tree when all of a sudden in a rather Isaac Newtonish fashion, an apple fell from a tree about a quarter inch from her head. We laughed so hard. It was so unexpected and funny. She did also see a few hornets and did not freak out at all which is a huge accomplishment for her after her recent stinging incident.

We went to look for a new winter coat for Max...since he doesn't have one of his own. No luck, I will have to try to find one online.

Happy Birthday to my lovly older cousin...Rae Ann. The big 3-5. I am so glad I am not that old. HA! Seriously, Have a good one!