Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Shop til ya drop...and we almost did!

Saturday we left early for Nashua, NH. Amazingly enough, and Melissa is lucky I can't download pictures to verify the speed we were going to get there in 2 hours and 15 minutes. We started at the two story Target. I could spend the day going up and down the escalator with the cart. We spent at least an hour in there, then brought stuff out to the car and went back into the mall. Santa was there. I thought it might have been a bit soon, but Star 92.9 has begun playing Holiday music 24/7 already, so maybe it's just me! Shelley and I tried on hundreds of clothing items and we have come to a realization that we are not made to wear this current clothing style that is the trend. I guess we will have to wait for a new older person trend.

I bought a bottle of perfume for $138 at Filene's and went to the Gap and left it in the dressing room. I didn't realize it was gone until I was paying for my nightgown at J.C. Penney and didn't have the bag. I went running back to Gap and thank goodness the manager found it and put it behind the counter. I was having a hissy fit! It would have really ruined the trip if i had lost it.

We went to check into the hotel and didn't even go in because we were so hungry. We decided on Ruby Tuesday, which we found out was in the Mall of NH. We saw it...and attempted to head that way and merged right towards what we thought was the entrance and ended up on the interstate going right by it. We did get a lovly tour of N. Londonderry, NH. We got back and there was a 35 minute wait, which we didn't think was all that bad.....until it turned into over 45 minutes or more. Our dinner was ok...the drinks were too icy to suck through a straw so I had to guzzle.

Since we were all sick, we made a stop at the Walmart and got carded for Robitussin, which is weird. Jen got thera-flu strips. Shelley got cough drops. It was a bad scene.

On Sunday, Shelley got up at the crack of dawn and we got home before 1pm thanks to Melissa Earnhardt. I went to Marina's game. They did well. It was essentially the girls against the boys (even though there are a few girls on the squirt team) and they tied 2-2. Then, we went out to see the movie Chicken Little. The movie was good and the kids laughed their heads off. Since it was Felix's birthday we had cake when we got home.

Monday, Justin wasn't feeling well. He didn't go to hockey. Poor thing. He got up and said "I feel worse!"

No comments: