Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Pilgrim pins

Today was Smilie Day. I got there and realized I had forgot the book about Thanksgiving I was going to read. Soooooo, I improvised. Not such a great idea...but all I had. I asked the students if they all knew who the Pilgrims were...."Oh yes!" Everyone knew. So, I asked, "Who are they?" "They are Indians." "They are people who went over the water and explored." "They are the first people ever to discover America." Hmmmm, time for a refresher. So, I had to give the best Pilgrim speech I could without any preparation at 7:45 AM. I wasn't much better, but at least I had them as Englishmen and not Indians.... Oh well. We used Sculpey Clay to make little Pilgrim pins. Very cute. I had very few cutters, so it went slowly. We did have fun though and they came out nicely. I stayed after and baked them and put the pins on the back. I didn't leave there until 9:30 and I had to be at work at 10:00. Oh well. We got them done, although I usually head home for coffee between school and work, so I was having a little caffeine fit. Poor Dahrian seems to get her projects screwed up every week...I picked hers up first and broke the collar off her Pilgrim, so I had to go into my car and get my E-6000 glue. I hope that will do the trick. She is the one that got her suncatcher stuck in the laminator too. Crazy.

No comments: