Friday, November 18, 2005

And I got such a long way to go. To make it to the border of Mexico.

This weekend Justin has 2 home games....one home game at 8am in Highgate, which is over an hour from home (but halfway between us and another team's rink.) Then at 11:30 he has a home game at his real home rink in Essex. Sunday is St. Albans in St. Albans at 7am. We might as well get a room. AND, Justin is sick. He is not overly sick, but the school secretary/nurse/jack of all trades called and had me pick him up from school. When I got there he was laying on the bed looking pathetic....by the end of the day he was singing and dancing around to "Witch Doctor" ....Oooo eeeee ooo ahh ahh .....yeah, that's the one. So, I cleaned his room and watched "The Whole Ten Yards" the sequel to "The Whole Nine Yards"...about a mafia hitman. I don't really know how kid friendly it was, but he watched it....that is his punishment for calling me home. Then, after I picked up Mirabel I shampooed the carpet. There is no hope for that carpet. There is just too much permanent marker, nail polish and paint to get it clean. And there is some sort of mystery stain that looked like someone was killed in the room...that didn't come out either. Oh, well. I didn't even attempt to clean out Mirabel's bed....that is a days work right there. I did manage to clean the gerbil cage, which is amazing since I have only cleaned it once in like 9 months. Stinky!! So, I do feel like I got something accomplished today.

I went spinning this morning and it was freezing outside. It was like 28 degrees according to my car thermometer, which I don't always trust, but it's pretty close. The interstate was glare ice. For the first time ever, I saw a line of tractor trailer trucks sitting at the top of the hill in Richmond (there must have been at least 12.) I guess they were too afraid to go down. There was no accident or anything. I really don't blame them. If one lost it, noone would be goin' anywhere. They just waited for the sand/salt. I went through to get Justin at 10:30 and it was still icy!

I have become totally obsessed with the blogthings tests. I can't stop taking them. I found out that I am 30% weird. If I were a drink, I would be a Mai Tai. I could pass 8th grade math. I have a 100 IQ on the quick test. My Japanese name is Keiko. If I were food, I would be French-because I am snobby and people think they understand me more than they actually do. I am 75% drama queen...which did surprise me...but dang, those questions fit! (And, not to mention the fact that I am talking about these tests as if they are a real measure of personality.) There are so many that I can't remember...but they are very fun and very addictive. I highly recommend going to the blogthings test website and taking them if you have time to kill -or are busy talking to people at work that irritate you and you need to occupy your mind.

Now, before heading to bed so I can get up very, very early for hockey, I am going to finish watching, "Dickie Roberts, Former Child Star," which is actually a pretty funny movie....I wouldn't have guessed it...but then again I do like kind of stupid movies....right Roger??!

No comments: