Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Monday Monday

Yesturday was the Monday after a holiday. Busy, Busy.....and I still had no idea for my Smilie project so I went out on my lunch. I got back right on time and had to eat at my desk. I did realize that there are certain foods that you can (and I do) eat while actually talking to a customer. Today....it was tomato soup. Really, most soups are ok, as long as you don't slurp. I know peaches are edible during a conversation. Definately pudding. Any drink is fine...you just have to be careful not to swallow too hard. People CAN hear that. I have found that smooth chocolate is great too. You can eat cake on the phone. There are so many things that you can eat...but the customer has to be doing the talking when you take a bite. Then, you have a few seconds to say something before they say, "Are you there?"

1 comment:

jill said...

Oh yeah...I mastered eating on the phone.
Once, for a while my customers complained they couldn't hear me and I did everything I could, changed batteries, boxes but nothing helped. Then I took off the small metal piece of the mic and lo and behold there was chocolate frosting that had jammed up in there, making it hard to hear me.
I cleaned it and everyone could hear me after that.
Watch out for the frosting.