Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ice-cream and Ice, either way there was screaming involved

Yesturday was Smilie Day..... and I was the one almost screaming as twenty kids were squishing baggies full of milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and ice to create their own ice-cream. It was scary...and dangerous. I have been terribly sick and tired and I had planned a ton of stuff for the kids to do to keep busy while squishing, but I did not take into account the noise it would make. So, I did not get to do any of the activities. Anyway, each kid ended up with a delightful treat to eat and were satisfied. Next week..Zen gardens...do you think there is a chance they will meditate for the hour?? I highly doubt it. Maybe I will attempt to bring some Zen music. HAHAHAHAHA...I know...that was a joke.
The rest of the day I pretty much whined that I was sick. I was a yucky day. I got home hoping to lay down and Mirabel hit her head on the wall phone and got a big egg and bruise on her head. So, she screamed for like an hour. I layed in bed w/her and consoled her and tried to eat supper while in bed. I didn't sleep last night because my nose was so stuffy.
This morning I woke up and was all ready to go to Walmart to get some cold medicine...and the road ended up being so icy that I went a mile down, slid about 30 feet on the first section of the hill and turned back. I called the school to say that I wasn't going to bring the kids until the plow came and they said that the buses had been pulled off the roads anyway until the road crews could get to them. Apparently, our road crew, who I normally could kiss on a daily basis (not literally,ew) but I love them....couldn't get up the hill so they had to go back to the garage and get chains. They came through at 7:45 and the road was nicely salted and full of sand...Just the way I like it! Especially now that I have a car that is sort of plasticy. So, I left and on the way down did a bunch of test stops....I stopped fine every time. Route 2 was like a super highway because there were at least 11 accidents between the Richmond and Waterbury exits. I got behind a firetruck (at least it wasn't my favorite cop) going 20mph...which I took as a sign to slow down. Then, as I was getting on the interstate, I looked south and notice two long double lines of cars heading toward me...they just opened the northbound lane...so I hurried to get on before the rush. I made it to work ...only 1/2 hr late. Not too bad.

No comments: