Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Could this be a sign of a busy year to come??

It is the 4th of January already and my Christmas Tree is still up. This is unheard of. If it were up to me I would have it down the day after Christmas. I liked the year my grandfather had the tree down right after presents. Once Christmas is over, it's over. No lingering of the trees should be allowed. I think my problem is lack of time and sheer laziness. I can't get myself to get the boxes out and put it up. I wish it would disappear.

This year I did more on New Year's Day than I have ever done in the past. Normally it is a day of relaxation and hanging out. This year we got up at 6:30 and headed for Middlebury for a hockey game. We ended up getting there 40 minutes early. I couldn't believe it. So, we waited. When the Middlebury people got there they said, "You are in locker room 2." So, I went looking for locker room 2 and couldn't find it. So, the guy saw me and said, "You guys are in locker room 2!" I said, "Where is that?" He said, "It is across the street." I really thought he was joking and I said, "What?" "Well, go outside, then across the walkway and into the other building." So, out we went. It really was out there. Middlebury's locker room was in the main building. I think it was a psychological trick of some sort. Between periods the kids had to go outside and across the walk. Crazy. And it was really, really cold there. I have to put that in the back of my mind...Middlebury=cold.

Justin and I stopped at McDonald's with Mom, Dad and the Nadeaus. We went to get Kira a birthday gift and headed to a sledding party for Kira Nolan. I ended up being the "person at the bottom of the hill designated to stop the kids from going into the road." THAT was fun. The kids had fun though so it was good.

Monday we went shopping at the Berlin Mall. It was Mom, Grandma, Mirabel and I. We shopped until we dropped and then went to Applebees. I even had desert I was so hungry! Mirabel and I got home and Felix and Justin were out swimming until 8pm. So there went that day. It was a lot of fun though.

No Smilie this week. I couldn't get the time off and I guess there was a puking incident so I am sort of glad I wasn't there anyway.

Tonight, Justin has hockey at Coach Dave's house. They are going to play some pond hockey in the rink out in front of his house. I am sure it will be fun, but I really hope it warms up.

No comments: