Thursday, December 15, 2005

Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

Yesturday I got out early and did some shopping. I am almost done. There are a few items I need to get but for the most part I am very, very close! I was nearly sleeping in Walmart...one employee said, "having fun yet?" I was just about to drop. I went to get the kids early and we decorated the tree. I can relate to that song on the radio, The 12 pains of Christmas...one being "rigging up the lights!" Oh lord. I had two non-working sets and then the others were in a ball, just about as big as the one Chevy Chase had on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. That took forever, then the kids did the ornaments. They are pretty much all down low...all on a few branches.

I had a bad spinning experience yesturday. I got there a bit late which was my first problem. Then, there was a sub. AND, I had to sit in the front row. THAT was the worst! I ALWAYS sit in the back. ALWAYS! So, I plug in my earphones and the music was way low. I need loud music...I am mostly motivated with music. So, ten minutes into the class, I took out my own MP3 player and listened to my music and I could hear the teacher just fine considering she was right on top of me! Anyway, I am used to "riding through the daisies," and this teacher cranked the wheel in the first five minutes...before my legs got a chance to warm up so I was really dying. The teacher said, "you are so focused.." ...yeah, because I am half dead, no music, and on display in the front row with the lights beaming hot.....Not my best spinning class...for the first time in over a year, I almost walked out. But....I stuck it out. I did learn something from my first spinning teacher, and that is, "this is temporary...in a few minutes it will be over and you will be on with the day...you can do it..." So, I guess that is the only reason I stayed.

So, my grandmother won a raffle prize at the Breakfast with Santa on Sunday. I just found out last night about the big winnings. I went this morning to pick up her prize and deliver some other prizes to the school. I got to Kathy's house and the boxes were out on the step. I had my dress shoes on and I was slipping around in the snow. I grabbed the boxes and I flailed all around. I set my grandmother's box down and put the other boxes in the trunk...I looked down and gram's box was gone. I looked..and it was half way down the driveway...and still going. So, I ran to catch up with it...and caught it. I wrestled it into the car. I hope it hasn't gotten away during the day today!

No comments: