Friday, December 30, 2005

Peace on Earth...at least there was on Christmas Eve for me

Friday night I was very annoyed, frustrated and I could have just about killed someone. I was so upset I ended up finishing all my wrapping and doing all my assembly. So....that meant I was free all day Saturday. I got up and I brought the kids to Casey's Hill in Underhill Center for sledding. We had a blast! We went down all the sections....even the steepest part...with Mirabel screaming all the way and then saying, "AGAIN?" We were the only people there for a while, then people started showing up. I was about the only mother there...I am not sure why it was all fathers. Maybe it's like I told Shelley, if it weren't for mothers there would be no Christmas. Anyway, after that we got a snack and went home to shower. The kids were stuck on a "Jesus, King of the Babies" kick and said it all the way home! We got ready for church and drove up to St. Albans for 4 pm mass. We had to get there at 3pm because it is always standing room only. Marina sang in the choir and was an angel in the pageant. I almost cried. She was amazing. After church, we went to Aunt Edie's for supper. Uncle Roy's lasagna is awesome. It was soooooo good partially because I was soooooo hungry. There were tons and tons of gifts at Aunt Edie's as usual. The kids were having a blast but we had to get home to bed. We got home and checked the Santa tracker and he was supposedly in Canada...so we hurried to bed. I set my alarm for midnight and got up and put out all the gifts and went back to bed.

No comments: