Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Run Run Reindeer

I got a call from Playcare yesturday saying Mirabel had a really bad earache. She had been complaining since Friday so I called for an appointment for her. That threw my night off completely. After work I picked her up and we got an appointment for 8:10 pm. Mirabel and I decided to go to the Scolastic Book Sale for a bit and then get a bite to eat at McDonalds. Then we headed over to get Justin at the rink. The kids were outrageously wild and just out of control. We went to Big Lots to hang out and ended up leaving there in a fit because the kids were so wild. Then, I had been planning all day to do paper snowflakes with the Smilie kids...and Justin says, "The whole school is going to make paper snowflakes tomorrow to decorate for the concert." So, there went that idea!! At 7:45 pm I am on the phone with Shelley from Walmart asking to look up the recipe for a pinecone birdfeeder! Goodness. Talk about switching gears in a hurry. We made it to the Doctor's office five minutes late. Mirabel was fine. I guess it's her throat and not her ear that is bothering her. So, off we went to buy pinecones at the Christmas Tree Shop. We did not get home until after 9:30pm. Then, I just fell asleep with Mirabel. It was 10:30. I couldn't take another late night. I was (and still am) exhausted. I got up at 4:45am to get working on an example bird feeder and to prepare the book. The kids needed baths and to eat and get ready and Justin fell asleep before reading his homework book. So, we needed to do that. I got to Smilie and everything went well. The Smilie kids are so awesome that it makes it all worth it. Tonight, I work until 6pm....and since Felix is working until 6, Mom has to pick up the kids....I will go to her house for supper tonight. I have no idea when we will decorate the bare tree that has been sitting in the living room since Sunday!!

No comments: