Friday, December 30, 2005

Believe in the Christmas Spirit

Christmas morning came quickly with Mirabel running into the room announcing Santa had left her a Dora Talking Kitchen and a Slurpee Treat Maker. So, I got up and told her to go wake up Justin. They both ran for the living room. They were spoiled as ever and got everything they asked for and more! Justin got his coveted Game Boy...and hasn't used it yet...a week later. Hopefully he will get into it...We have a 4 hour trip to Massachusetts this month so maybe he will get into it. And, Mirabel hasn't used her Dora kitchen yet either. Oh well. I don't want to hear any complaints about not having any toys! We spent a fair amount of time opening gifts. I got all whiney that i didn't get tile... But, my grandmother gave me tile. She is the best....I got a whole room and hallways worth from her. She is the only one that loves me!!!!! I guess I am a spoiled brat. But, I can handle it. The kids got a flock of chickens from Judy that will go to some poor family in another country, and we got a portrait of Justin that isn't actually made yet but will be made from a photo of him.
We got to Mom's house and there were a huge pair of black leather mittens with a white cuff under the tree. Mom thought it could be Santa's mittens he left and we all went outside to see if we could catch him. There were sleigh bells ringing in the distance, but we couldn't catch Santa...he doesn't like to be seen anyway. So, the rest of the day and night...and next day the obsessive compulsive neurotic kids we have could not get it out of their heads about missing Santa and "how are we going to get those mittens back" and "what is he going to do without them" on ...and on...and on. My goodness, I was finally like..."Justin....it's just for fun" and he didn't believe me. He kept on obsessing. Poor kid. I felt bad since it was really supposed to be for fun.
We got home relatively early and watched Elf...still an all time favorite movie anytime of year. Then, I was pretty much up all night with an athsma attack. Too much cat dander. I hate not being able to breathe. I was in the shower twice and used my percussion massager to try to bang out the crap...and a few times Felix hit me on the back for a couple minutes. I am just so sensitive to cats. Then the next day I slept until 1pm because I didn't go to sleep until 6am. Sleeping shot that day. Then, I didn't dare go downstairs Tuesday fearing the cat dander in the house, so I stayed in my room the whole day until 7pm. I should have just left but I didn't really have anyplace to go. So, I was really stir crazy and upset about wasting my last vacation day.
Now, it is back to the old grind...and hopefully the days will grow longer and I will be less nutso. I can't guarantee anything though.

No comments: