Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My new best friend, Delilah.

I am sitting here eating frosting from the container with a knife. (Don't tell the kids) We had a blast at the Smilie School making gingerbread trees. There are a ton of cookies and frosting left over and I am sharing with the office because I want them as far away from me as possible.....because obviously, I have no willpower! The kids loved to put together and decorate the trees. It took all of their willpower to not eat the frosting and candy. They did a great job. Once I learn how to reinstall my old camera on my other computer, I will post some pictures of them. I did make some extra cookies to eat. They were very delighted to finally get a taste. I was up until 1 am cooking gingerbread stars. Crazy. I like to cook, but there is no tv in the kitchen, so I have to listen to the radio for entertainment. I listen to Delilah. She is sickly sweet, sappy and just loves everything. The total opposite of ME! She takes requests for love songs and listens to everyone's stories, whether happy or sad. A lot of times, she butts in and ends up talking for the person and twisting their stories around. I love when someone says, "I hope that my ex-fiance comes around and finds out they still love me..." and she says, "Actually Darling, I hope you come around....you don't need that." It is kind of funny. Since I was up until 11:30pm Sunday and 1am Monday, I have had my fill of Delilah and her evil sappy, sentimental, loving ways....but I always listen.

No comments: