Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Smilie Days are here again!



It was back to school for me today. This was my first day back from vacation from volunteering at Smilie. I read this way cool book Cucumber Soup and then I had the kids make some of their own cucumber soup. Anytime there is cooking involved it seems things get a bit wild. I had a cup and a measuring spoon for each child all ready to go...all they had to do was take their particular ingredient and put it in. Seems easy enough. Not really. It actually wasn't that bad but when the noise level gets up there, I start getting a bit nervous. Then, at the end everyone got a taste and only probably two of the kids liked it. All the teachers were loving it...and Justin and Chris brought some down to the principal to try. I love how they always think of him and bring him some of our cooking ....when we do cook. Anyway, I was back in the saddle. I was a bit nervous coming back but it was fine. Shel, you will like this, Dahrian asked me why I shake so much when I was pointing to something in the book. Good lord! I told her.."yeah, my sister picks on me all the time about that." Funny. It was good to be back. Next week...something about dairy farming. hmmmm...that is going to be interesting.

Now, I have to go bring the kids their backpacks before they have lunch. I was in such a rush getting out of the house that I forgot. We got a notice last night that it is school picture day today...I guess that is what we get for being gone..short notice of this weeks events. So, that meant I had to pick out and iron clothes for both kids unexpectedly. And, actually do something with Mirabel's rag hair. And this is after I forgot my wallet yesturday, was late for spinning, and locked my keys in my car. So far, the day is not going well, but let's hope for a better day than yesturday. Smile!

No comments: