Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sea World. I could not get a picture of Shamu to save my life.



Today we went to Sea World. It is truly better than Disney on many levels. It is low keyed. It has really cool animals and a lot of nice messages. It is not nauseating with rides. Justin did go on the flume ride twice though and got thoroughly soaked both times...which he loved. He was quite disappointed that he did not get very wet in the "soak zone" at the Shamu show. We all got a lot wetter than we expected at the dolphin show, including Mirabel, who was NOT happy. The Shamu show was its usual sappy self. I cried at the soldier salutes...and I cried at the Believe theme, and the kid who got to go up on stage and share their "dream." I cried at the animal rescue stories. It was great. Gotta love Sea World. We had a bunch of fun and it finally got muggy ...hazy, hot and humid. Needless to say, the bangs were all the way back, and I was a sweat pit. It was quite gross actually. I got home and took a shower, even though I had babywiped myself down on the way home. My camera battery died halfway through the day and I could not find my replacement even though it was right in my bag. I did not realize it until I got home. Oh well. I tried to take pictures with my camera phone of the last show (we went to Shamu twice...and by the way...seeing it twice doesn't cut down on the crying) but my memory was full. I was not meant to take pictures at that show I guess.

Tomorrow, I hope to sleep in. That is sort of a joke, because even though we are not doing very much...the kids will be up early.

No comments: