Saturday, May 27, 2006

Our biking practice run

Roger and Dad and I went biking to get ready for the Tour de Cure today! I have not been on my road bike in yrs. So, I was not prepared with clothing and I wore a low cut shirt because for me it normally doesnt matter on my mountain bike,but when you are down that far...not good. So, like 4 miles in I am like..'guys, I need to put my shirt on backwards' and Dad was like 'Yes, I think the girls are distracting drivers.' Anyway, Dad and I drafted Roger for like 10 miles until he realized the reason we were both so close and he couldn't lose us. He didn't think it was as funny as we did. We went out on route 2 almost to Waterbury from Jericho. Oh well, so then after a bit...they told me to go from the back and so I did and since I didn't really know how to shift I was hustling to get in front...and had to run up a hill...I didnt really realize it but I totally lost them. And got on the flat and saw Dad coming..assuming Roger was close...I didnt know how fast to go ...since I had been in the back the whole time. We got to the end of the road and they were both mad. Dad's like 'I wanted to draft you and it took a mile to catch you' and then when Roger showed up he was all disturbed...and Dad said 'Hey, you aren't with your national guard friends anymore...you're with an old man and a WOMAN.' It was funny. We went like 30 miles which is only 1/2 of the Tour de cure we will do in a few wks. I feel good but I have also had like 4 advils.... (let's see how I feel tomorrow) Oh well...I had fun.

No comments: