Wednesday, April 05, 2006

April Fool's Day Queen!

I am not usually big on April Fool's Day. It doesn't really appeal to me and I hate it when people 'get' me. Every single April Fool's Day since we were young kids, my mother has gotten my sister and I with, "I have a flat tire.." or "You have a flat tire.." Same thing every year...some years she catches us off guard...others we are waiting for it. We usually get the call first thing in the morning ..maybe 7am. THIS year I was ready. April Fool's Day was on a Saturday, and I did not think she would remember or wouldn't be ready for it. So, I called her from the car and said, "Mirabel and I are stuck on route 2 ...can you come get us...we have a flat tire?" She said, "What??? Where on route 2...I'll be right there!" I had her sooooooo badly. I just yelled, "YES!!!!" I got her...I am probably in big trouble next year...but for this year...I got her.

1 comment:

jill said...

it's always great to get someone who always gets you...I usually tape the spray trigger down to the faucet so when someone turns on the sink, the nozzle sprays them...well...every time I do that, I am the first one to turn on the water and end up soaking myself...not fun when it backfires.