Sunday, June 04, 2006

Scrapbooking fun

Friday night we scrapped. We were supposed to have a scrapbook party..but things did not work out with Melissa's flood and people not being able to come. But, Shelley and Bridget and I got together anyway. We went to my Mom's house since she was out of town anyway. Dad had to work in Maine and they did not come home until Saturday afternoon. I was not really prepared for scrapbooking my Florida trip because originally I had pictures of New Year's Eve and Christmas Eve. Very different from Florida. Shelley and Bridget showed up with a boatload of embellishments and my scrapbook looked like chopped liver. We had fun anyway...as usual. We started out listening to my I-Pod but I only had so much mutually agreed upon music...so we went back to our old stand-by "Delilah." Now, you have to understand that Shelley is totally anti-Delilah. She pretty much has a hissy fit after every caller calls. Because, even though I do listen to Delilah (not as much now that I am trying to be better at not being up til after midnight on Monday nights,) she does look further into people's issues than she ought to. AND, ok...Shelley, she may make up things that people agree to that aren't really going on at all. So, between making fun of Delilah, and ragging on Rob...we had fun. We had lots of food and I had plenty of drinks. So, my Mom found out I was drinking and called me on Saturday and said that she had me scheduled to go to Maple Leaf Farm (a drug rehab) for later that day...I told her I might go just to get away. We scrapped until about midnight and I was really, really tired. I had also been up early that day for a bike ride about 5am...so I was beat. I fell asleep on the couch, and unknowingly there was a wake-up call on the phone that woke me up right at 6am. How lovly. Needless to say, I have yet to recover totally.
Saturday, we brought the kids to gymnastics and then shopping at Toys R Us. I was all crazy about the kids...but apparently it was just me and they were behaving fine according to Shelley. So, then we got groceries for dinner and went to Mom's and made taco salad (yummy.)
I have been kind of blah all day Sunday. I had a meeting of the Smilie Community Club...which was out of control...and pretty much nothing got accomplished, and now we have another meeting next week. I did get the rug sort of clean in the library room..but that is relative. Now, I have to clean the gerbil's cage..but have no litter. I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow.

No comments: