Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I went to my second Smilie Community Club meeting last night. I still feel like our Harvest Festival is a bit discombobulated. I am not quite sure what I am supposed to be doing. I think if it all comes together as it should it will be a blast for all.

When we got to the meeting last night, we were missing our babysitter, Mr. Woods. Felix showed up just in time to be volunteered as designated babysitter for all the kids. He did a bang-up job. There was only one injury.....my future daughter-in-law! I hope this doesn't hurt Justin's chances with her.


I am also going to be a parent volunteer in Justin's classroom. This is more involved than I had expected as I am going to actually plan 45 minutes worth of material each week with very little guidance. This will be good practice for my ongoing teacher training. It is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. I think after the first day I will be fine. I will try not to let a group of six year olds get the best of me!


We are getting geared up for hockey season. Depending on Justin's performance, I could end up being a full time taxi service. We will see. Marina is going to be playing hockey up in St. A. From what I hear, they grow them mean and aggressive up there...Good luck to the St. A. Coaches in transforming this little tree hugger into a killing machine!

Mirabel is doing awesome in gymnastics! She is having a great time. I think she is pretty good, but I am prejudice. Last week, she was joined by her somewhat somersault deficient cousin Derek. He was a bit reluctant to get out there in the beginning, but I took it upon myself to act like a fool out on the tumble track to get him interested. I am not sure if it was my Mary Lou Rettonish style or what, but he is an official t-shirt wearing member of Hruska gymnastics now!! Woo Hoo!

No comments: