Friday, September 30, 2005

Dinner and Breakfast by candlelight

We have no electricity. Apparently, the wind yesturday knocked out several towns around the state. I just don't appreciate how much I depend on electricity in my life, until it's not there. The kids and I got home and I couldn't open the garage door...that was my first clue. Well, actually, one of my first clues was the tree laying on the electric wire at the top of the hill. Apparently, that was not what took our power out though.
So, we did homework, and we played board games. It would have been better if it weren't so quiet and the kids voices didn't sound peircing in the room. There was no refridgerator humming or tv noise, or computer...just silence and darkness.
Luckily, we have a gas stove, so I made spaghetti for dinner once I had Felix there to light the burner for me!!
We all ended up going to bed early because it was so dark and quiet. I really couldn't sleep well because there was no white noise and when I did sleep I had really disturbing dreams that kept me awake anyway.
I got up this morning and had to wash my hair with cold, bottled water. It just isn't the same. I do not look good today. I am so glad I didn't live one hundred years ago!

Justin is getting his chipped tooth fixed today. I can't wait to see how it looks. I don't know if he will miss his violin lesson because of it. He may. He missed it last week too because the teacher didn't know he brought his violin. One day, maybe he will get a lesson.

No comments: